Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bitty Chicks do a project..

The Bitty Chicks were over for the day on Friday.  I like to spend most of the time we are together outside gardening, playing or doing projects.  The three girls are 3,5 & 6 years old. The 3 yr old seems to do better because she just does it!  No thinking of who is better or faster for her. We used empty powdered creamer bottles for the houses.  They had to sand them down, hope that helps the acrylic paints stick better.  They each had red, yellow and blue...the primary colors..on an old dinner plate.  I told them how to mix colors and they tried to get the colors they wanted.  I didn't do any painting at all!  The 6 yr old did flowered one, the smaller textured lookin one is by the 3 yr old and the far one by her sister the 5 yr old.  The older girls liked the idea of mixing their colors, but the little one just painted.  She got hers better covered with thicker paint, only the sun and rain will tell if her method was better. They played in the hose water, ate outside and made collages of the sea.  I forgot to take pix of the collages. :-(  I read 8 books, to them, when we went in for nap time (to get cool).  I NEEDED the nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment