Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Update on the Monarch Box

  My box project is getting ready to sand and finish.  I have one piece of soldering to do, I just couldn't get one little piece ( out of 8) to sweat solder!   I tried several times and even sawed another one out, just couldn't it to stick.  I was afraid I would un-solder the other 7 pieces or melt the whole box top, so I stopped for the day.  Tomorrow I will try again and then decide how much more I want to do to the box.  I have considered cut outs on the top or bottom, plexi in the bottom as a window and several other ideas.  Time is the deciding factor and I am running out of it.
   I have tried several new techniques, including using a raw potato as a heat sink.  It worked!! I have so many ideas and so little time.........
This is what it looks like when I leave class late in the afternoon.  I don't know who's farm is, but it makes a nice picture.  It is cold and rainy and the ground is still frozen.  I like to take sunsets and cloud shots, I will try this one again when the ground is green.

No comments:

Post a Comment