Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Post #15
Here is my fifteenth picture post, since I started numbering them. This is an ATC/ACEO of a coming storm over a farm. It is in watercolor. I grew up watching storms brew over the Central Plains. Towers of clouds mushrooming above the windmill were a common sight over the farm we lived on. Many of these clouds held hail, hard rain and even tornadoes. It could be a hot sunny summer day and in an hour become threatening, dark and errie. We headed for the basement or storm cellar many times. I remember one storm that came and passed over us. Later, it formed a funnel and hit a nearby town. We went to see the damage and felt lucky we weren't hit. Growing up on that farm was the best! It was like "The Little House on the Prairie" everyday. Tornadoes, heat, locusts, wind, dust and blizzards would all be in the book. Along with days just being a kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment