Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Post # 56 Rainy days...

I love the rain!  I remember playing in the rain when I was about 3, sloshing in the gutters and just having fun.  I loved to watch the lightening and hear the thunder.  While we lived on the farm, I spent alot of time up on the top of the barn, watching storms.  I could see all the horizon and I watched the storms form.  It is a wonder that I didn't get struck by lightening!  When I was in Jr. High a tornado came very  close to our house.  I was out riding my bike when it began to hail, then everything got "greenish" and I heard the "train noise".  I didn't realize what had happened until I saw a car go by that was covered in mud and had all it's windows out.  The guy driving was muddy and shirtless.  That tornado killed 5 people, most were in cars on the highway.  I would jump at the chance to go storm chasing!  I saw a funnel a few years ago and wished I had gotten a picture of it.  I stopped on the interstate to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment