Saturday, October 2, 2010
Walking Barefoot, # 57 post
We lived in town and on a farm for most of the 50's. Barefoot was the everday way to be in the heat of summer, before the arrival of the flip flop. I was about 10 when I got my 29 cents dark pink flip flops. Each of these items on these 2 pages remind me of those days. We "went" to town to shop. In town we walked alot, to shop, school and just about everywere we went. I went swimming in the town's new pool when I was about 7. The clock has two hour hands, one hand points to noon and the other to five. Dinner was at noon (now called lunch) and supper was at five. Those were the times my dad got home from work. Going to town was usually on Saturday. I remember getting television in about 1957, whooo wheeee. Lady and the Tramp was a good movie and I had a favorite full skirt with them as the border. Paper dolls were popular, I got the paper doll page from the McCall magazine. It had a free page in each issure, with Betsy McCall and a set of clothes. The chicken is for the chickens we had out on the farm. We had fresh eggs and fried chicken all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment