Wednesday, October 6, 2010
# 60 Summer.....
I like the flowers and butterflies of Summer, but not the heat! I grew up in the center of the country where it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I don't think I wore shoes for most of every summer that we lived there. The Goatheads or Stickers or Sandburrs were hard on the feet, but shoes were hot. I spent alot of time doing whatever I felt liked, mostly exploring and watching nature. I loved picking a fresh tomato off the vine, salting it and eating it. We sat in the stock tank to cool off and fished in a pond for fun. I learned to fold clothes, can veggies and kill 'n dress a chicken between explorations. I remember one time getting the fry basket from the house and riding my bike a couple of miles to watch frogs. I watched them from egg to frog and all between. Life was fun then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment